Cristina Otero | A Surprising Discovery

I recently completed a PLC in Art, Craft & Design, in which I studied Photography. For my Photography module I had to do a themed project, and I chose the theme Portraiture. So naturally, I started to research some portraiture photographers and their work. This is how I came across Cristina Otero and her creative portraits.


 
 A quick bio on Cristina. First off, she's only 19! This may not seem like a big deal to you now, but wait til' you see her work. She's a Spanish woman currently living in Madrid and is a self-taught photographer since the age of 13 (!!!). She held her first solo exhibition at the age of 15. (!!!!!!)

Like many girls at the age of 13, Cristina watched America's Next Top Model. At least I know I did, and I loved it! For all the same reasons Cristina did. The makeup, the styling and the poses that went into these fantastic shoots! She closely considers all of these things in her own pictures.

If you follow this link you'll find yourself on her own personal website and see her collections of work. But she has so many social media* sites to follow too. I find her work to be outstanding. From her commercial fashion and beauty collections to her more artistic and creative portraits, most of which are of herself. There is so much emotion to be found in her pieces. Her most famous work and what she is most well known for is indeed her self-portraits

Not only do I find her work stunning and emotive, but it gives me drive and fuels my motivation to get out and do some more creative photography of my own. I will be sure to make a post about any creative projects of my own in the future. But for now, if you please, sit back and enjoy the beauty of Otero's work.











social media*



Comments

  1. Oh No !!! Why did you show her photographs ! Why oh why!? She is so amazing, for God sake, love her creativity.Young , talented & beautiful so jealous !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fantastic? I've got some plans to do something special, inspired by these!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts